2 Hour Racetrack Run
Racetrack Run is open to runners and walkers of all ages and fitness levels. The 2 Hours Racetrack Run will start at 9:30am and finish at 11:30am. The idea is to run as many laps of the 2.7km National Circuit as you can in two hours.
There are three options for the 2 Hour Racetrack Run:
- Individual - Open to runners ages 16+ years. If you select this option, you will be running the entire two hours yourself.
- Team of 2 - One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for an hour and then swap. Open to runners 13+ years old. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
- Team of 4 - One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for thirty minutes each and then swap. Open to runners 13+ years old. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
The Flying Lap
Kids, start your engines! The Flying Lap consists of one high octane lap around the racetrack. All eyes will be on the juniors as they burn around the track. The Flying Lap is for those under the age of 13 years and will start at 11:45am. This is one lap of the 2.7km National Circuit.
This is a fundraising event for the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation. Make your steps count by setting up a fundraising page via the website - a link will be available in your booking confirmation email. Please help us raise funds by sharing your fundraising page with family, friends and anyone who will listen!
There is no minimum fundraising commitment to participate in the 2 Hour Racetrack Run however we will be encouraging all participants to set a fundraising goal - because it's fun and we know you will smash your target!
All funds raised will go to the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation 'Community Survive programme" benefiting over 5000 kids from South Auckland through to the lower Waikato region. The programme is based on river safety and problem solving for survival in moving waters. This inclusive initiative also welcomes kids with disabilities and those living with cancer through partnerships with Halberg and Camp Quality.
Come in your best dressed outfit, whether you are in a team or an individual racing let you imagination run wild. There will be prizes up for grabs for those who have the best outfits on the day.
There will be many prizes up for grabs for the winners of each category including a range of spot prizes for best dressed on the day!
- Entry fee
- Goodie bag received on the day
- Prize giving
- Spot prizes (must be present at prize giving to receive your prize)
- Space in a pit garage on pit lane to set up for the day
- Finisher medal
Submit the form below to register now! Registrations close at 5pm Monday 21st August 2023.
Once you click the button below you will be taken to our registration page to book your space.